Wednesday, October 4, 2017

WE ARE PROBLEM SOLVERS!!!

Problem Solving Strategies


I-DEAL
I  - I got this!
D - Define the problem
E - Explore strategies
A - Act on a selected strategy
L - Look back...Evaluate...Adjust


Self-Assessment Using I-DEAL
Have you reached this yet?
Not Yet
0
Starting To
1
Got it!
2
I
I’m afraid to try/fail

I didn’t try on my own

I lack confidence
I attempted but gave up

I needed a boost to try
I owned it

I can think for myself to get the job done
D
I cannot identify the problem yet
I can identify certain issues but cannot state the overall problem yet
I can state the problem
E
I am unsure of  strategies to use

I am unaware of resources
I am able to brainstorm 1-2 strategies

I tried to use resources
Identified at least 3 ways to attack the problem
A
I avoided the problem all together

I did not use a strategy
I tried but did not follow through on a strategy

I did not link my pros and cons to my choice
I weighed the pros and cons of my strategies and picked the best one for me
L
Complacent with my results and skipped over review
I read over my results and chose to stop my process there
I can explain my process

I reviewed my results and revisited my strategies if needed


No comments:

Post a Comment